Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Voyage to Tuscony, KY

I recently visited Florence with a friend for some of my favorite Kentucky style Italian: Fazoli's.

For those not in the know, Fazzoli's is a Lexington, KY based "Italian" chain orgionally founded by the parent company of Long John Silver’s. With canned Sinatra playing, it felt like we were in a scene from Mickey Blue Eyes (I haven't seen that movie, but I mean this comment as a bad thing).

My friend had the Italian Sub, which he said was quite a bit better than it looked:

I had two slices of pepperoni pizza:

It tastes like it looks... But, I realized that if I threw a couple tomatoes on it, the pizza looks a bit better, and voilĂ  problem solved:






I make fun, but with all the free breadsticks, it's actually not bad. Fazoli's is just a fast food place. They don't try to do much more and they actually do a decent job at what they attempt. Of course, there's a special place in Hell for those who do basically the same thing but add a bottle of wine and claim to be "Real Italian Dining".

Fazoli's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...