Tuesday, May 18, 2010

N.Y.P.D Pizza

A nice benefit of having this blog is that people often recommend some good pizzerias to me that I have not yet tried. A few people have been pushing N.Y.P.D. Pizza to me for a while. It's website says N.Y.P.D. has been around since 1987, and so with my Westside connections, I'm a little embarrassed that I don't believe I had ever had it. So, just last week I was finally able to sit down with some friends, watch the Reds game and enjoy some greasy Westside pizza.

But, first an appetizer - Cheese Bread (called "Night Sticks With Cheese"):

Very cheesy and buttery. It came (as did everything else) with garlic butter and pizza sauce. Not a brilliant creation, but pretty much what you're looking for in cheese bread. It was very good, and at $3.99 an excellent option for a carb appetizer.

We ordered two pizzas. As you would expect from the name, N.Y.P.D. serves New York style thin crust pizza. The first of our two was just a straight cheese:


Then mushrooms, banana peppers, and pepperoni:

The pizza was rather greasy, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The crust was soft, probably partially due to the grease, but it definitely was not burnt. I usually prefer a more solid crust, but the rather sloppy slices here worked fine. The strength of the pizza was probably it's sauce which was good and appeared in appropriate quantity. As for toppings, you can't get goat cheese or some of the other artisan-ish items. The toppings they have on the menu aren't too exotic and they don't seem to do anything overly interesting with them. However, the end result was quite tasty. Nothing crazy, it was just a straight-forward good pizza.

N.Y.P.D. pizza is really exactly what you would want if you're looking to eat some nice greasy pizza while watching a ball game. It blows away the typical pizza delivery places. If I were to rank N.Y.P.D on my 20 best pizzas in Cincinnati list now, I think it would go somewhere in the 10-15 range, which means it is definitely worth eating.

N.Y.P.D. Pizza Delivery on Urbanspoon
N.Y.P.D. Pizza on Urbanspoon
N.Y.P.D. Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...